- Hits: 179
It’s a little too early to tell what effect Covid19 has had on the local area, but we can see what the property market is starting to do now that the restrictions are starting to be lifted and viewers are back taking place.
Hull’s cheapest property recently went to auction this week with a starting price of a mere £1,000. The property is in the Gyspyville area of Hull and is a mid terrace 2 bedroom property, it was badly damaged in a fire and needed extensive repair work. The low starting price shouldn’t be a sign of things to come.
Buying properties in Hull is now possible, Hull being one of the countries most affordable cities to purchase a home, according to a recent Open Property Group affordable index release, in which it compares house prices and salary data.
There is only one city currently in the UK where house prices fall into affordability, with local Hull house prices only having to fall on average by 12% to fit with the affordability index. Ranking 3rd Hull the most affordable city to live in across the UK.
Hull continues to see investment in the area making a more enticing place to buy a property for many first time buyers. Wykeland Group has recently completed on the purchase of 100,000sq foot of Whitefrigate, in what it sees as a long term regeneration plan, the properties include the old Marks & Spencer’s , HMV and New Look.
We can only see the Hull property market going from strength to strength both short and long term.
Peregrine Properties Hull
We are confident the property market will return to how it previously was pre-lockdown and we are the estate agents for you to do that, if you have a property to sell we’ll make sure it’s seen.
The most viewed property in Hull on Zoopla is currently one Peregrine Property Hull has on the market, a 3 bedroom property in the HU5 area and is listed at £150,000.
If you want to know more about the property you can view it here, or if you are looking to find out what Peregrine Property, the number one estate agent in Hull can do for you contact us directly on 01482 506161.
- Hits: 265
What do you do when your mortgage application is declined?
Through our years of experience in property we know that when buying a home you hope things will go smoothly, but that’s not always the case, it can in fact become a bit of a minefield. The first stage is getting a mortgage approved, we do actually see an outcome people are not always wanting.
Don’t worry if you have had an application declined, it’s most certainly not the end of the road, here we look at reasons why you may have been refused a mortgage and what to do to resolve it.
Some of the most common reasons and solutions:
* Your credit history plays a big part, if you have been seen to have a poor financial history this will need to be worked upon, to improve your financial rating.
* Make sure you're on the voters register, this is something many banks check to confirm who you are, if you are not registered go and do so.
* Pay as much debt off as possible, the less debt you have accredited to you the better, make sure you do so before reapplying.
* Reduce your credit applications the more you registered in your name suggests you may be struggling with debt, keep these to a minimum.
* Make sure you can afford the repayments, it’s not just about the deposit the bank needs to be able to see you can make the repayments without any financial struggle.
* Being self employed can be a cause of a mortgage application being rejected if you are self employed it is probably wise to seek out a mortgage for those that are specifically self employed.
* Check for errors and mistakes, these do happen, read through your credit report and make sure everything is correct.
Having a mortgage in principal but then declined?
Just because you have a mortgage in principle doesn’t mean it will be approved once you apply for the mortgage, the lender could later find something that will lead to the application being rejected.
All is not lost speak with the lender and ask for details on why the application was later rejected, sometimes these problems can be rectified, or seek the help of a mortgage advisor.
If you are facing difficulties with a mortgage being approved then please get in touch and we may be able to help you further.
- Hits: 243
Covid-19 and how it effects viewings
Here at Peregrine Property we’d like to give everyone who wants to arrange a viewing in person the chance to do so, but in a safe and secure way. We will always ensure that we follow all Government guidelines.
It would be great if you could only book an on-site viewing for a property that you are most likely to go forward with, rather than a number of properties. You could be asked by our friendly staff to provide further information such as where your property stands in the market and your ability to purchase or rent a property.
On the day of the viewing if you are suffering any of the symptoms that are associated with Covid-19 then please let us know and cancel the viewing, this is something we can re-arrange for you. Use hand sanitiser before and after visiting the property, you can also wear protective face coverings.
Please refrain from touching items such as door handles and other surfaces, as all doors within the property will be left open for your viewing purposes. Continue social distancing rules of staying 2 metres apart throughout the viewing.
If anyone is suffering symptoms of Covid-19 please let us know as soon as possible and we will arrange all viewings for you. Remember to deep clean the property throughout and open all windows to ventilate the property.
As social distancing is key we ask all members of the household to vacate the property when a viewing is taking place so please remove all valuables from plain sight.
Peregrine Property – Our Responsibilities
Here at Peregrine we will strive to keep everyone safe and will carry out the following:
* Make sure all prospective viewers know everything about the property
* Ask all viewers if they have any Covid-19 symptoms
* All doors will be left open prior to any viewings taking place
* Hand sanitisers will be left for viewers at the property
* We will follow all viewers around the property keeping social distancing
* Once a viewer has left the property we will sanitise key areas such as door handles and other surfaces that may have been in contact with the viewer
* Where possible we will gain feedback before the viewer leaves the property
* All offers will be discussed immediately
If you have any further questions please give us a call we will be happy to help and answer any questions you may have.
- Hits: 199
It’s landed – Our new Wakefield Estate agent!
Here at Peregrine property Wakefield we are your established property partner, with a wealth of market knowledge we soar above other sales and letting agents in the Wakefield and surrounding areas always striving to lead the way in marketing and communication with all clients, whether buying, letting or investing in property.
Hello and welcome from Georgina and Tina
Firstly thank you for stopping by and taking the time to view our website.
Our new office is based in Hemsworth, Wakefield and we cover the surround areas. We are dedicated in selling homes quickly for the best price possible!
We live in the local WF9 postcode so we know the area like the back of our hands, as a team we are confident we can offer a service that won’t be beaten by any local Wakefield competitors. Some of the areas we cover are South Kirkby, North Elmsall, Fitzwilliam and Ryhill.
Not only have we local knowledge but Peregrine Properties Wakefield have a wealth of experience in the property market having both worked in property all our lives. Our core values being Personal, Trust, Honesty and Integrity.
Did you know?
According to Rightmove over the last year the average selling price of a property within WF9 was £138,365, semi-detached properties making up the bulk of the property types. Sold prices have been on the increase for 2 years running by 6% and 7% respectively.
Key Facts about us
* We will strive to sell your house fast for the best possible value - We sold our first property in just 6 days with 8 bids.
* Customer service is a priority - We sold a property on Ruby Lane, Upton in just 3 days.
* We're a friendly approachable boutique agency
* Peregrine Property Wakefield are working alongside Wakefield cathedral who have their own nest of peregrine falcons.
Peregrine Wakefield Office – Estate agency
You will find our Wakefield office situated on Kirkby Road, Hemsworth so if you are looking to buy, sell or let a property or just wanting to take advantage of our free property valuation service why not pop by? If you can’t make it to our office you can call us directly on 01977 253035 Our opening hours being 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and while 1.30pm Saturdays.
Are you thinking of selling your Wakefield property?
You won’t be the only one! Many home owners have trusted us to sell their property, why not get a free no obligation valuation from us? As your local Wakefield estate agent we’ll provide you with an on-site valuation and be on hand to answer all the questions you may have.